When using AutoSSL, the service will issue a signed certificate for a virtual host when the following conditions aren't present.
- The virtual host has a pending signed certificate request.
- There is an existing signed certificate for the virtual host.
- The virtual host's certificate has not expired.
This can be seen in our documentation on AutoSSL here :
Our documentation on how your server handles domains, and virtual hosts states the following :
- In most cases, the term domain name can act as a synonym for hostname.
cPanel users can manage three different types of additional hostnames.
- Aliases (previously Parked Domains)
- Addon Domains
With AutoSSL issuing certificates for virtual hosts, the certificates will not explicitly secure an IP address but a domain/hostname/virtual host.